uniQuely Zoe • 独玉无二の郑惠玉
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session

5 posters

Go down

"割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session Empty "割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session

Post  Admin Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:32 am

"割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session

Date : 13 Sep 2010 (Monday)
Time : 7:30 PM
Venue : K-Box Orchard

Who's interested to go? Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://z1zone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

"割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session Empty Re: "割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session

Post  Ona_ Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:01 am

me!

I want to go!

Ona_
Club Novice

Back to top Go down

"割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session Empty Re: "割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session

Post  Admin Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:10 am

Ona_, ok Smile
Please PM me your name and mobile number so that I can update you abt the event.
Thanks!

Anyone else want to go? I have to confirm with the organizer by today (03-Sep).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fabiansim Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:31 am

Can you update me on the information as well?
fabiansim
fabiansim
Club Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:12 pm

@fabiansim: Kindly leave me a private message (PM) in this forum with your contact number and real name.

@Ona_: I've received your PM.

More details regarding this event will be updated by SMS.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ona_ Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:48 am

Zoe Tay brings sexy back
Veteran actress attempts many "first-time" in new local film
"My back should still be okay for the eyes!" jokes Zoe Tay.

Speaking at the press conference of her new film Love Cuts on Monday, the heavily pregnant actress chats openly with reporters about her "nude" scene in the movie.

"I did consider getting a substitute as I thought the scene was too much for me," she explains.

In the movie, the actress plays a 40-year-old mother stricken with terminal breast cancer. Zoe had to bare her back to the cameras in one scene, while her on-screen husband, co-star Kenny Ho, bathes her.

But alas, after much persuasion by the director, Zoe gave the approval to film the scene on her own, refusing a substitute.

"The bathroom scene is necessary to bring out the physical struggles of a breast cancer patient," said director Gerald Lee.

Hong Kong actor Kenny Ho agrees, explaining that the film would portray the feeling of a patient's helplessness better if more skin were shown.

"It's not revealing enough!" quipped the 51 year old.

But for our Caldecott Ah-Jie, the filming of Love Cuts had been no easy feat, having to give many of her virgin attempts for the movie.

Over a span of 20 plus years in acting, this would be - surprisingly - Zoe's first portrayal as a cancer patient.

The actress also had Cantonese dialogues in the film. Not only that, to convincingly depict a terminally ill woman, Zoe had to wear special effects make-up (bald head and thin eyebrows) for the first time.

The experience proved to be an unforgettable one for the 42-year-old.

"I've attempted many types of make-up throughout all these years. I only found out now that special effects make-up can be so tiring! The worst part comes when you remove them; it's so painful that I teared!"

Having won the local audiences over with her seasoned acting chops, it is difficult to imagine that Zoe has her fair share of critics too.

She revealed that she was upset over negative comments made by the film's producer, Lin De, when he visited the crew on site halfway through filming of Love Cuts.

"He told me, 'I'm a little disappointed after seeing the tapes. It wasn't as good as I had imagined. What happened? I had higher expectations from you.' I was sad when I heard that." says Zoe.

But the perfectionist did not give up. "Perhaps I was distracted. I later re-read the script and made myself more focused. Thankfully, there was no need for a re-shoot, and Zhu Hou Ren (executive producer of Love Cuts) was happy after seeing the rough cuts of the film. I only felt relieved then."

The professional star was so involved in the movie that she felt compelled to hide her pregnancy, which she found out mid-way during filming, from the crew, for fear that her situation would affect the production.

Love Cuts, which tells a poignant story of a family on the brim of losing their mother to cancer, also boasts of child actress Regene Lim, who received an award for her acting in this year's Star Award, and Edwin Goh from popular Channel 5 drama, Fighting Spiders.

The two young budding actors play Zoe's son and daughter in the film. And both their acting won rave comments from their on-screen parents, who sang their praises for being able to cry on cue.

How did Regene manage to cry so effortlessly?

"I'm naturally rich in emotions!" said Regene without missing a beat, causing laughter to break out amongst the media present at the press conference.

"Didn't your teacher teach you humility?" on-screen mum Zoe asked her on-screen daughter jokingly.

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4313347

Ona_
Club Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Lin Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:45 am

Thanks Ona for posting the article on the 'Love Cuts' interview. Sad to say, the 8days movie critic only awarded 1 and a half stars for the movie preview. Hope that all of Zoe's fans will not be detered by this rating and still support this movie as Zoe's acting is really good.

Lee Lin
Club VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  tarrenfox Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:08 am

阿姐出钱出力 ‘私货’下周一拍卖

郑惠玉将出席《割爱》电影分享会。

郑惠玉顶大肚,下周一出席《割爱》电影分享会,届时将捐出私人物品,现场慈善拍卖!
阿姐预计10月将产下第三胎,她近日不只顶着大肚为新片宣传,日前出席慈善义演时,甚至全程脚踩高跟鞋,还现身戏院与影迷打招呼,非常敬业。据嘉华宣传表示,《割爱》首映礼及慈善义演当天观众反应佳,不少观众看了感动落泪。
阿姐下周一(13日),将连同《割爱》编剧杨君伟和李世炬,出席《割爱》电影分享会,除了畅谈影片制作过程,也让出席者提问。
此外,阿姐届时也将捐出一件私人物品,现场慈善拍卖,并将所得将捐给乳癌基金会(Breast Cancer Foundation)和新加坡防癌协会(Singapore Cancer Society)。
tarrenfox
tarrenfox
Club VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Ona_ Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:49 pm

I was there this evening and after the session, I bumped into Ah Jie and we were standing soooo close. My heart almost stopped.

So happy!!!!!

Ona_
Club Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Lin Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:43 am

Wow Ona, Lucky you. If I were so close to Zoe, I would also stop breathing, she just hv that effect on people who luv her. I remember I was so nervous when I went once to get her autograph at Bugis. Is it true that the box office is not so good as compared to Alamak's Old cow eat green grass? I tot I saw something in the wan pao or something? I guess this type of genre dont attract many audience, students and young people will not want to watch such movies, action pack movies, comedies etc. I hvent catch it yet, my hubby promised to watch it this friday with me.

Lee Lin
Club VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:02 am

Ona_, u were there? How come you didn't reply me that you were going?

Here's some pictures taken during the Meet-the-Fans session yesterday.

"割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session SAM_0663

"割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session SAM_0730

"割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session SAM_0692

Queen Zoe and the lady who successfully bidded for Zoe's Emporio Armani white dress.. as a gift to her daughter-in-law
"割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session SAM_0743

Scriptwriter, Producer, Zoe & Director of "Love Cuts"
"割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session SAM_0755

Please do not post these pictures anywhere else without permission from Uniquely-Zoe.

Thanks!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Lin Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:09 am

Thanks Admin for posting these pics at meet the fans session. Zoe looks absolutely gorgeous in this outfit. This color suits her glowing complexion. Support you forever beloved Zoe!

Lee Lin
Club VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Ona_ Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Lee Lin wrote:Wow Ona, Lucky you. If I were so close to Zoe, I would also stop breathing, she just hv that effect on people who luv her. I remember I was so nervous when I went once to get her autograph at Bugis. Is it true that the box office is not so good as compared to Alamak's Old cow eat green grass? I tot I saw something in the wan pao or something? I guess this type of genre dont attract many audience, students and young people will not want to watch such movies, action pack movies, comedies etc. I hvent catch it yet, my hubby promised to watch it this friday with me.

ohhh so I am not the only one who gets so nervous seeing Zoe? hehe

you know ah... I was so useless. There were so many things I wanna say about the movie. But I was just too cold feet. I cannot imagine, at work, i am the head of two depts. But in front of Zoe, I became a mouse. *self slap*

About what the papers say... well, comedies always attract ppl one. But do ppl think about the movie or talk about it after they step out of the cinema? Well, Love Cuts does have this effect. My hubby and I walked out of the cinema not talking at all cuz we were pondering.. very much pondering. After some time, the very first thing that my hubby talked about was to ask me whether I have gone for any mammogram. After that, I called polyclinics and hospitals to find out and now have booked for a mammogram next week.

Yes, the old cow movie, I believe, makes ppl laugh, make ppl happy. It's a good movie to watch with friends. But Love Cuts is a movie that educates people in a very tasteful way. And probably saves lives, if ppl heed the message and start to go for checkups. I must say it is the best local movie ever. Yes, initially I went to watch it's just because of Zoe. But what I got out of it was abundant.

We can't force ppl to watch this movie, if they are not into this kind of serious storyline or sad story. But we know for sure that everyone who watched this have complemented the movie and Zoe's acting. We can google this movie and see for ourselves how many bloggers have already sung praises.

Ona_
Club Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Lin Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 am

Yes Ona, Zoe does hv that effect on her fans, we are not afraid of her, but in awe of her and get speechless. True what you said, many people go watch 'Haunted Changi' but so far most of the comments I see are not so gd, while those who watched 'Love Cuts' hv better comments. I kn we cant force people to watch, e.g my hubby who is not a fan, it is so diff to get him to promise to go with me, duno whether this friday he will back out or not. And the thing is, he refuse to let me go with other people. Now there is a workshop organised by Guardian on 25th Sept, and there will be a free screening at 2pm for registered participants ($5/-) registration fees, those who want to listen to the healthtalk and then watch the movie, can register online at guardian.com.sg. I just sad that the movie not doing so well, otherwise it would be a good anniversary gift for Zoe (her wedding anniversary 22th sept). Well as long as she gets all the good feedback on her acting, I suppose that is enuf.

Lee Lin
Club VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Ona_ Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:30 pm

Lee Lin wrote:Yes Ona, Zoe does hv that effect on her fans, we are not afraid of her, but in awe of her and get speechless. True what you said, many people go watch 'Haunted Changi' but so far most of the comments I see are not so gd, while those who watched 'Love Cuts' hv better comments. I kn we cant force people to watch, e.g my hubby who is not a fan, it is so diff to get him to promise to go with me, duno whether this friday he will back out or not. And the thing is, he refuse to let me go with other people. Now there is a workshop organised by Guardian on 25th Sept, and there will be a free screening at 2pm for registered participants ($5/-) registration fees, those who want to listen to the healthtalk and then watch the movie, can register online at guardian.com.sg. I just sad that the movie not doing so well, otherwise it would be a good anniversary gift for Zoe (her wedding anniversary 22th sept). Well as long as she gets all the good feedback on her acting, I suppose that is enuf.

my hubby also not a fan.
on the day that I wanted to go watch, he teased me "Cheyyyyy, you everytime want to support your Zoe Tay!" I said to him "If you don't wan to watch, I will go alone lor". Then he quickly made arrangements and made time to go with me. "割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session Lol

Ona_
Club Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Ona_ Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:39 pm

Admin wrote:Ona_, u were there? How come you didn't reply me that you were going?

Thanks!

hi hi

sorry

paiseh. I forgot to reply.

I took part in the FB one at the same time and got two tickets. So I brought my friend along.

Where were you all seated? My friend was late. So we sat quite far at the back. "割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session Icon_sad

Ona_
Club Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Lin Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:32 am

Haha Ona, seems we both hv hubby who are not Zoe's fans. Everytime I say I want to buy mag, he kns it is Zoe on the cover, esp this yr got abt 6 or 7 with Zoe on the cover, he said you must be Zoe's no. 1 fan, I said 'far fm it, there r many more more supportive than me.' He said he want to tell mag editors not to feature Zoe on the cover anymore, or else I will keep buying the mags.

Lee Lin
Club VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Lin Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:47 am

Read in the New Paper that there was a Tarren Tan who bidded for Zoe's bag, wonder if the person is you, tarrenfox? Glad to see there are so many fans supporting Zoe, keep up the good work!

Lee Lin
Club VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Ona_ Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:09 am

Lee Lin wrote:Haha Ona, seems we both hv hubby who are not Zoe's fans. Everytime I say I want to buy mag, he kns it is Zoe on the cover, esp this yr got abt 6 or 7 with Zoe on the cover, he said you must be Zoe's no. 1 fan, I said 'far fm it, there r many more more supportive than me.' He said he want to tell mag editors not to feature Zoe on the cover anymore, or else I will keep buying the mags.

my hubby also! Somemore he sometimes disturbs me by telling me that he supports Fann (he likes to joke about the Zoe-Fann rivalry thing). But then that time when I saw Zoe at the First Parent Congress, he encouraged me to take picture with Zoe. Just that me cold feet.

Everytime we pump petrol, if he sees me happily grab a magazine and put at the cashier for him to pay for it together with the petrol, he will sure say "Must be got Zoe Tay again!" "割爱Love Cuts" Meet-the-Fans Session Icon_lol

Ona_
Club Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Lin Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:37 am

Haha Ona, at least your hubby better, he go watch 'Love cuts' with you, last friday my hubby got meeting so we didnt go to c Zoe's movie yet. Anyway he said he signed up for the Guardian workshop this sat, where there is talk on breast cancer, and other anti aging beauty talks, which later has the screening of 'Love cuts' in the afternoon. Looks like I hv to wait till this sat. He said like that more meaningful, than for him to watch this movie only, he likes action movies with Jet Lee, Donnie Yen, etc.

Lee Lin
Club VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down